Monday, July 23, 2012

The Twins are Here!!!!!

We made it!!! Here I am at 38weeks, right before we went into the hospital. Wow I'm glad to not be pregnant anymore!!
 So here is the story, if you don't like to here them then just keep going and look at the pictures. ;) I had a Dr. Appointment in the morning on the 19th. I was still 1cm thick and high, so we went into the hospital that evening to get a Cook Cath placed. It helps to dilated your cervix so it will be ready for an induction the following day. Once we got there however I was 3cm so they decided to just do the induction in the morning. I was going to go home, but my blood pressure, that had always been so good, was super high. It was 171/110, yuck not good. My legs also had gotten super swollen over the last week with pitting edema clear up my entire leg. So they decided to keep me and to monitor me and the babies through the night then I would get induced in the morning. All my labs and everything were good, but they couldn't get my pressures down. So they gave me some labetalol to help. It worked and I was able to sleep some of the night, ha ha. The next morning they started the pitocin at 7:00 and broke my water at 8:00. I was 5cm when they broke my water, hooray!!! I got my epidural around 10:00, which was amazing, thanks Paul!!! I started to feel pressure soon after and around 11:30 we were ready to go. They took me back to the OR, with twins you deliver in the OR just in case you need a STAT c/section or something goes wrong.
At 11:58 little Annalee Dawn was born she weighted 7lbs 2oz and was 20inches long. Then it was baby B's turn. When they broke her water the cord tried to come down, which would have been a prolapsed cord. One of the reasons you deliver in the OR. But my wonderful Dr. was able to keep the cord from coming down and we were able to get her head down before the cord. I was able to get her here with just one push, and we were able to avoid a c-section. So at 12:06 Avery Kaye was born. She weighted 5lbs 14oz and was 19.5inches long.
 Here we are in the OR
 Our sweet little girls. They did great. Avery had a bit of a rough start after everything with the cord, but she bounced back and is doing wonderful.
 Annalee's bath. I had Deb Potter as my nurse and she was wonderful!!! Thank you so much for all of your help Deb.

 Avery's bath

 Me and the girls after their baths. They both have tons of hair and it is curly like their sisters is.
 They are not identical. Annie's hair is darker and thicker then Avery's. And they have different noses. They also have a few other differences about them.
 My family here to see the girls.
 The proud Papa!!!!
 So happy they are here.
 Grandma Capson with her newest granddaughters.

 Our Family!!
 Me and the girls
 Grandma Lloyd with her newest granddaughters.
 Grandpa Lloyd with Annie
 The girls. So fun. Kaidy wasn't too sure about them at first but by the time they left she was giving them kisses and hugs. Hopefully that continues.
 Avery!!!
 The Twins.
 Annalee!!!
 My sweet little girls. We love you!!!

8 comments:

Andersen Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS. I'm glad things went so well. How wonderful!!1

Ben & Carli said...

They are so precious! Congratulations I am glad things went so good, 1 push that is Awesome! Good luck with adjusting back to life and enjoying your three baby girls! I miss you.

Krista said...

What a perfect story. I'm so glad all went well. I can't wait to see lots more pictures. Congrats.

The Oswalds said...

Wow!!! I'm so glad all went well!! The twins are BEAUTIFUL!!! We wish you the very best of luck getting your sleep w two! :-) congrats! They are such pretty babies!!

The Olligschlager Family said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Sadie is your skin ever going to go back to normal. But they are darling so it was all worth it. I can't wait to come and see them!

Holly said...

Wow. You did great Sadie! Two babies, and they are so big, and healthy! That is so neat. Congrats! If you need a break and need me to take Katie, just let me know! My kids would love to have her over! Seriously. :)

Liana said...

So happy for you all! I loved Mac's shirt by the way, so funny. Glad everything went well and hope the twins let you get a little sleep here and there. :)