Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Things kids say

Mack is enjoying teaching his second graders, they can say some of the funniest things. They are also a lot smarter then you would think. -- Mack lived in Canada for a few years when he was young, so he still has some of a Canadian accent. Some of the things he'll say are: Waygone (for Wagon), Beg (for Bag), Fleg (for Flag), and so on. I make fun of him but he has always insisted that he is the one saying it right and I have it wrong. A few weeks ago in his class he told the kids to go and get their lunch begs. Right away one of the kids pipped up. "Mr. Mack, they are lunch BBBAAAGGGSSS." All the kids in the class laughed and looked at him like he is crazy. How could Mr. Mack not know how to say bags???? Mack was still laughing when he got home later that day.
Let me know about any of the funny stories or things that little kids have said to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remeber when we were driving around down by the river. You had to have been around three. You turned to me and said, "Animals make the world beautiful, don't they." I thought it was so sweet, so to this day I remember it. I did some pre-student teaching with a girl from Canada. She asked the kids how Choral went. They all gave her lots of grief over that!

Terri Lindsay said...

That is really cute. They call him Mr. Mack. That is awesome. Sadie call me so we can hang out.
Terri

The Crebs Family said...

Hey guys, it is your favorite former neighbors! :) I saw your blog on the Johnson's and thought I would say hello! Your house is looking great...A lady in our ward had a baby a week ago or so and she said she had the BEST NURSE ever! (The nurses name was Sadie she blogged about you, if that is you) anyway, we miss our favorite managers!